Hey - it's Softball Season!!!
We have four girls playing ball this year - Jas on the school team and the other girls on the Junior Co-ed Softball teams.
Let me tell you about these amazing t-shirts:
Carlee designed them!!!
She started the process by doodling some ideas on paper . . .
. . . and then designing it on the computer. (Rich suggested the diamond idea around the whole thing and Carlee liked the way that looked - good job daddy!)
Then we got them printed on all the t-shirts - light pink and safety green.
Great job Carlee!!!
I help to organize the Junior Co-ed Softball so I had all thirty shirts. Now to write names on the labels according to sizes ordered - much more efficient to hand them out that way! Oh, and I know it's co-ed, but only two boys are playing, and they're not on a pink team!
Let's check out Jasmine . . .
She's showing us that she can get just as banged up in softball as she can in basketball! She has since got another matching bruise on the other leg - good way to stop the grounders. And the bloody knee is from a slide back into second base. She's playing really well though and is actually the most experienced player on the team this year - there are no seniors playing and she's played every year so far. All games are double headers and she usually pitches at least one game, or plays first or third, and has even done outfield and shortstop. Jas adds, "I love it!!!"
Jenna is in her second year of softball. Here she's hurrying on her way to first base.
She plays with the grades 3, 4 and a few 5's. Numbers are down this year (lots of spring league basketball seems to be taking kids from soccer and softball) so we only have 6 kids on each team - which is fine at this level as they're getting lots more batting time and they don't need fielders as it doesn't usually get hit out of the infield!
And she's on her way to second base!!! Go Jenna Go! (And yes, she made it home - one base at a time.)
About to don the safety helmet.
Carlee plays with the Grade's 5-8, which mostly consists of Grade 7 girls - like her! We have two teams with 9 on each. So Carlee and Jordyn play each other every week. This softball is non-competitive, it's just to teach the kids how to play and have fun. It's basically the training ground for when they reach Grade 9 and can play for the Pandas.
Happy to be playing ball - third base at this point.
This is very serious!
And here comes the pitch!
Jordyn's last year with Junior Co-ed Softball - next year she can be a Panda and play with Jas!
Making sure her glove is on just right.
She hits the ball, gently throws the bat down and off she goes to first!
Jordyn and team mates chatting in the dugout.
Monday's are a little crazy around here - softball starts right after school for everyone!!! It's such a short season though, and so many games have to be rescheduled due to the weather. Panda's are finished in just over a week and the others play til school ends.
My softball girls!
I miss watching Chelle play this year - it's one of her very favourite sports. I think she misses it too.
I delight in the seasons! I love watching the world physically change as the seasons change, and I love the different activities that come with the various seasons. After a long cold winter and lots of indoor activities, it is lovely to be outside again. One of my favourite delights right now is climbing into a sun-warmed vehicle and feeling the warmth seep into my bones - ahhh!!! But I can assure you, that by the end of the summer, I'll be a little tired of climbing into sun-scorched vehicles! And then, of course, we'll be onto the next season!