Monday, May 9, 2011

My Birthday

Yeah - I had a birthday!!!  You'll be glad to know that I'm 42 now, and so much wiser!

Sitting down to the birthday feast the girls made for me.  We had a baked potato bar, which was perfect because Rich had taken me out to lunch and I'd already had my meat quota for the day.

And the girls on the other side of the table.

Time to open gifts . . .
Enjoying the homemade card and lovely messages from my family.


Jordyn and Carlee each gave me a bunny for my garden - they were so cute and Mackenzie just loved them to death.  She kept kissing them!

Lots of birthday loot - clothes along the back, garden decor (bunnies, frog on boot, garden stone and garden welcome sign), a daisy shopping bag, my daisy twig vase (you can read about that here), a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates from Ying (where I went for lunch!), and chocolate covered almonds to replenish my closet chocolate stash (that no one knows about!!!).

And then . . .

. . . Pavlova for dessert!!!  Jas made it - haven't had Pav in years and I do love it so!  This one actually looks like some kind of little frog with big kiwi fruit eyes!  Mom used to make Pavlova all the time so this brought back some good memories - good enough memories that I had to eat three pieces of it!!!

I had a lovely birthday, including over 67 greetings from Facebook friends!!!  In my "me" time I redesigned my blog - made it look more like me than the generic blog I had started with (which was great for starting).  Do you like my new blog look - with the daisies?

Believe it or not, I delight in birthdays!!!  They're good for you.  Statistics show that people who have the most birthdays live the longest.  And it sure is nice to be remembered!!!