Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers' Day

Let me tell you about my Mothers' Day this year - a lovely day!

I got to sleep in because church doesn't start til 1:00pm.  I wasn't sleeping but instead I was enjoying reading a novel by a local author called "Finding Rose".  And then, breakfast in bed arrived!!!  They served a meal fit for the queen that I am - eggs and hash browns, granola, bananas, grapes and strawberries, and orange juice.

Here's Mackenzie ready for church, demonstrating her obsession with toothbrushes these days.  She hauls them all over the house, but when I found mine by the toilet, and wet, I decided it was certainly time for a new one!
Notice the lovely hairdo (how could you not?).  On Saturday we were all working over at the house, except Carlee - she was babysitting Mackenzie.  But Carlee got involved in a special project she was working on, and didn't notice Mackenzie get a hold of some Avon Care Deeply Lip Balm.  Well Kenzie gouged out every bit of that lip balm and smeared it all through her hair, and on my pillow.  Shampoo wouldn't get it out so we're just doing the waiting game til it wears out.  I did put some baby powder in and that helped absorb some of the greasiness - hence the lovely coiffure.  And she smells like a wet dog!!!

Anyway, back to Mothers' Day - had a wonderful Sacrament Meeting.  It wasn't all praise to moms - the kind that makes you feel like you're far from being the perfect mom - it was realistic and spiritual.  I especially loved the bishop's two little boys beating each other up during the Primary children singing "Mother I Love You" - that was priceless!  Rich wasn't feeling well so he stayed home with sleeping Mackenzie, so I actually got to listen to church without distractions.  I sat by Jordyn and she was so still and reverent compared to what I'm used to!  And then they handed out flowers at the end of the meeting - yay!!!

My girls were very thoughtful for Mothers' Day . . .

Jas made this coconut cream pudding that was SO yummy, especially with a dollop of whipped cream.  She knows I have a weak spot for coconut!!!

Katia made me this pen flower stuck in a flowerpot at her home-school Thursday class.

Jenna made me this Sundae at Activity Days.  It's bath salts and an exfoliating puff scrubber.  And notice that Lindor chocolate tied to the bottom - mmmm!  She also made me the cute card in the first picture.

Carlee and her special project.  She latch-hooked me a daisy pillow that she designed herself - wow!!!

Jordyn used her drawing skills to sketch a picture of each one of my babies - fantabulous!!!
(You can see a more detailed version here.)

They also allowed me to be completely lazy - reading and napping - and then they fed me.  They're so sweet!!!

Me and my pretty flowers!!!

I delight in being a mom - it's constant, and busy, and tiring (like last night when Mackenzie was upset for two hours in the night because she's getting a cold, and had a poopy diaper), and often thankless, but oh, so rewarding.  I love my kidlets!!!