It's Sunday morning and we have church at 1:00 pm. I really enjoy trying to sleep in for awhile on these mornings, because there really is no chance of a Sunday afternoon nap when you get home at 4:00 pm. But Miss Mackenzie decided that she was wide awake and wasn't going back to sleep. So I got up with her and decided to blog about her while everyone else slumbers on for a few more hours.
A few days ago I had some time in the afternoon to work on a little project I was doing. I left for a moment and came back to find that Miss Mackenzie decided to rearrange the pieces that I had carefully arranged.
Good thing I have a little photograph I can refer to to see my original arrangement. And then she was climbing on my lap while I tried to sew. And while I was ironing, she was on the chair by the sewing machine turning knobs and pulling thread out.
I decided it was pretty much pointless to try to sew until . . .
. . . nap time!!!
So while she slept I was able to do some sewing and make some cookies as well. A few hours later when she was awake and recharged, I turned from my sewing to find . . .
. . . she had found the cookies!!! And of course I didn't leave a chair there for her to climb on - that was all her doing!
See that tight little purple hoodie she's wearing? I put it away because it's too small, but she keeps bringing it to me to put on her, and just wearing it isn't enough! It must be zipped too. If I don't zip it, she squawks and squawks and tries to do it herself while following me around the house. It's so snug on her chubby little belly, with too short arms!
Mmmm!!! At least she took a well-done one!!! (Yeah, I was distracted by sewing.) Imagine if you will, what the kitchen must look like when cookies are being made and it's my sewing/ironing room too. Obviously I'm not posting pictures of that!!!
A few days later, Miss Mackenzie had apple sauce with her breakfast. She really is a good little eater and handles the spoon very well. She had finished the majority of the apple sauce, but decided to use her fingers to completely clean the bowl out. And then she was rubbing her fingers all through her hair - ugh!!!
Her hair turned into this stiff mass of dried apple sauce. It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it sure turned stiff and clumpy. This is the girl who screams in the bathtub and is terrified of having her hair washed. It's still in her hair - I wasn't ready for the battle yet (and I was hoping it would dry out over time and flake out - but it didn't). We'll tackle it this morning so she's clean for church!!!
Mackenzie is 19 months now. I just searched through 6 year old Katia's box of hand-me-downs for some summer clothes for Kenz (not that we'll need them anytime soon if this snow keeps up!). This t-shirt was size 18 months and it fits her nicely, but it seemed to me like Katia had just barely finished wearing it (she's pretty petite!). Anyway, Katia proved my thoughts true. She came in and saw Mackenzie in the green shirt and said, "Hey, she's wearing my shirt! I was just looking in my drawer for it to wear on St. Patrick's Day."
What a little monkey in her green shirt, apple sauced hair with two different shoes on (she's always bringing me mismatched sets of shoes to wear - along with a hoodie!!!)
I delight in recording these little memories of the life of my baby. And I delight everytime I pick her up - she snuggles into my neck and gently pats my back, saying a gentle "Ahhhh!" Such a delightful feeling!!!