I'm glad to be posting these pictures because these are the ones we lost, and then they were there again after someone jiggled the memory card - yay!!!
There's Richie at the bottom of the flight of stairs he just built.
These stairs are in the garage and lead up to . . .
. . . the bonus room!
This will be a sweet room to have for . . . whatever!!! Probably storage to start with until we get all the shelves built in other places of the house.
Rich and his new helper building the bottom part of the stairs.
That orange tarp is still casting an orange glow on everything!
Who is the new helper? Why, it's . . .
. . . Chelle!!! Finished a year of college and is hired by daddy for now!!!
The tarp on the garage floor is just keeping the new cement floor warm. We had a few cold nights and didn't want it to freeze before it was completely cured. I like this picture because there on the right side is Katia swinging from the scaffolding. She goes over to "help daddy" and finds ways to entertain herself.
All the rest of the pictures on this post are from Good Friday and Saturday.
Katia - the best helper ever! Picking up scrap wood so Chelle can sweep.
Just like this!
Jas and Rich were building more interior walls while the rest of us were cleaning up.
Action shot of Jas on the chop saw - see the sawdust flying!!!
Furnace guys were finished so now Rich was building a wall around their stacks. This is in the mud room.
My job - vacuum the garage floor! The tarps are gone now and the floor has been "cut" so I'm getting rid of all that fine cement dust. We don't want to breathe that in forever!
Carlee and Jordyn were out in the yard cleaning up. Yeah - it was really muddy. Carlee can't push the full wheel-barrow up the muddy incline - she's slipping backwards in the mud and Jordyn doesn't want to help because she doesn't have boots on! Carlee actually ended up dumping it over and falling down!!! (On accident, she wants me to add!)
Ya gotta love a muddy job site!!!
Katia modelling the new stairs in the garage and me, I'm still vacuuming and getting shocked every few seconds! You can bet your boots that I'll be doing storage under that platform!!!
Jordyn and Carlee doing nothing productive except playing on the scaffolding!!! And where is Katia? Oh yeah, that's her swinging again!!! (Please notice the clean cement!!!)
Now you're probably wondering where Jenna was through all this? Well, she was helping too by babysitting Mackenzie while she napped. The house isn't really too child friendly for a baby right now!
Nice weather and dry ground meant it was time to do some exterior work before more snow or spring rains came and muddied up the ground, or moisture seeped in between the plywood walls.
So what's new in this picture? Soffit and fascia on the front of the garage!!! It's chocolate brown.
Chelle worked the saws and Jas was the gopher while Rich installed.
Chelle's action shot on the chop saw!!!
While they were doing this, I was inside . . .
. . . drawing out the kitchen I had designed on paper onto the actual kitchen floor.
I have about 2 inches of adjusting cabinet sizes to do on one wall. Good thing to know before I start getting quotes!
There's Rich and Jas doing the soffit. I took this picture through the living room window.
Soffit and fascia done on the back wall of the shop and first pieces of smart board put around the window. It looks marvellous!!!
I delight in watching my family work together. I'm glad that my children know how to work hard and feel a sense of accomplishment in the things they do. Building a house to live in together is certainly a wholesome family activity!!!