Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

I LOVE to see the temple - in my home!!!

Doesn't it just make sense to display things in your home that are important to you - like your family, the Savior, the Temple?

So here are some of my Temple pictures . . .

I love this picture of the temple - aren't the colours beautiful!!! 
My friend Shirley gave it to me about a year ago (a friend of hers took the photo).  I put it in a frame that was given to me by another friend of mine, Shirley!  I'm really looking forward to finding a special place for it in my new home.



This is the picture we had of the temple - hanging over the piano for about the last 20 years.  And it was lovely there too with pretty things around it, but I've always preferred photographs to drawings.  So it might end up in the office in the next house!


And now for some new temple pictures that I especially love!!!


Isn't that gorgeous!!!
And yes, I made it myself - well, I assembled it.  Haha!!!  Kd was the wonderful gal who took the photo and assembled all these kits for us.  We just had to show up at the craft class and paint it and put it together.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE beadboard? 
Anyway, crazy me - I hid this away and made myself not look at it so it was more of a surprise to me when I opened this thoughtful gift to myself on Christmas morning!!!
Can't wait to find a wall for it too in the new house!


Here's a closer view of the photo Kd took.  Isn't that a great view - I love being able to read those special words.  And I love seeing it through the tree.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE trees?
The picture is simply held in place by a piece of glass that is screwed through the beadboard by four little bolts in the corners - love it!!!


And here's another favourite . . .
Isn't this beautiful!!!
It's a 12x12 photo and vinyl lettering modge podged onto a tile.  And again, I wish I could claim credit for this but another friend of mine, yes, another Shirley, took the gorgeous photo and put this together for her ward Super Saturday.  She let us borrow the picture and idea and tons of ladies in our ward made them too (actually, I have two left here that haven't been picked up yet - I just might want to keep them!).  I made one for myself and my two oldest daughters - they are so quick and easy and I love it!!!  And this I already have displayed in my house because it doesn't require pounding a nail in a wall!


And here's another oldie . . .
. . . of me and my sweetie, taken way back in 1989.
This picture will probably always have a place of honour in our bedroom - it's a biggie (16x20) and I will always love it.  It was a wedding gift from Richie's parents.
We were married at 11:00am and were the 41st couple getting married that morning.  Needless to say, we had to wait in line for those special spots for the photographs!  Twas a gorgeous day!!!
Have a mentioned that I LOVE my husband?


Anyway, I delight in having friends named Shirley (got about 5 of them, and an aunt too!!!).

But more importantly, I delight in the Temple and the knowledge I have that I am sealed to those I love most, and can be with them beyond this earth life and throughout eternity.
My family is forever - what could be more delightful than that?