Valentine's Day was yesterday!!! Here's the family sitting down to the Valentine's Day feast. Don't you love Richie's tie? He's informed me that he'll NEVER wear it to church but I think it's cute - guess I'll put it away with VDay decorations! Can you see the tree in the background over his shoulder - yup, it's still up!!!
And the technologically difficult dinner . . .
. . . heart shaped pepperoni on the pizza, turned out great!!! I had planned to cut them with scissors, but my brilliant facebook friends suggested using cookie cutters. So I found the perfect size one in Gramma's kitchen drawers (mine are packed!) and it worked like a charm.
But this post is titled "Day After Valentine's Day" so enough about yesterday!!!
I was doing what most people do on February 15th - preparing my payroll remittance at the kitchen table because we don't have an office right now. Mackenzie was off playing quietly in various places. So I got the paperwork finished and turned around and . . .
. . . it seems like she decided to empty some kitchen drawers. This is actually a pretty mild mess compared with some of the kitchen messes she makes. I don't even know where the jello packages come from - we're sharing drawers with Gramma and that's her stuff. And there's the dog - always around when someone is in the kitchen, just in case there is food involved!
Anyway, babe was getting grumpy by now so I went to feed her and put her to sleep.
Around the corner I found . . .
. . . she'd emptied some DVD's and her books again!!! We clean up this pile about a dozen times each day because it is the main pathway through the house, and very visible from the front door!
And the next sight that greeted me was . . .
. . . in the bedroom. She'd decided to rearrange her clothes.
And then I noticed that someone had left the bathroom door open. At least she doesn't get into the toilet and toilet paper anymore. Now she prefers to . . .
. . . dump hair stuff all over the place! (At least that's an easier mess to clean up than the toilet!)
And yes, that is bedding in the bathroom. Katia had croup so we made the bathroom into a cold room for her to sleep in - cracked open the window and closed the furnace vent. Works great! She made a point of telling everyone she saw at church that she had croup and sounded like a seal.
I didn't even take a picture of all babe's toys in the living room because that's always a mess! And I went downstairs to see what havoc she wreaked down there with all the little toys like Pet Shops and Polly's, and it was completely tidy - imagine that, no mess where the mess is supposed to be!!!
And where is the little angel while I get to clean up her afternoon work?
Why, she's . . .
. . . sleeping of course! Gotta get more energy for the next round of destruction!
Now what can I find to delight about today?
How about - I delight in "stuff".
Look at all that "stuff" we have in the various pictures. "Stuff" that makes our lives comfortable and "stuff" that is there for you when you need it. I delight in having so much "stuff"!!!
Gotta go - she's awake!!!