We had another birthday in October. But we didn't take any pictures, and therefore I can't remember much that we did to celebrate Jasmine turning 17. Though I seem to recall the game Statego being involved.
Without birthday pictures, I just searched for random pictures of Jas so we can analyze her.
She's a very smart gal as you can tell from the studious glasses (although usually she wears contacts). And she's a very hard worker as you can tell from the work hoodie she's wearing.
She's always the first to reach out and lend a helping hand when needed.
You can always depend on Jas!!!
She cleans up nicely too . . .
. . . trying on a grad dress.
(It's okay, I can post these pictures because it's not her actual grad dress!)
Every girl needs to put on a beautiful dress once in a while!!!
Our Princess Jasmine!!!
Jas was actually named after Disney Princesses - Jasmine and Belle. Belle is also her Great Grandma's name and means 'beauty'. She truly is a beautiful child of royal birth!
I just looked at my calendar and now I remember why we didn't take any pictures on Jasmine's birthday. Her birthday was on a Sunday. On the Friday and Saturday she had been away at an overnight volleyball tournament. Sunday morning we woke up to the news that four teens in our town had been killed overnight in a car accident. None were in Jas's grade, but one was in her Young Women's group. And of course she knew all of them. So it was a very sad day, all of us walking around in shock and sorrow. Didn't feel much like celebrating.
But, I delight in my Jassy Waz. I keep trying to make her promise to never leave home, but so far she hasn't. She is a great leader and peacemaker and all around considerate person. Every family needs a Jasmine!!!
Love ya Jas! You're delightful!