Chelle and Logan decided they wanted to have a Ring Ceremony as part of their wedding day. I'm so glad they did because, after the actual wedding in the temple, this was my second favourite part of the day.
As you came through the doors, the chalkboard I made from a cupboard door directed you which way to go.
Most of us had never been to a Ring Ceremony before so we didn't really know what to do. There weren't many guidelines out there so basically we could do whatever we wanted to. Some guidelines we did find though were to not make it look like a wedding, because the wedding had already taken place in the temple. So no bridesmaids walking in and following them down an aisle, etc. Chelle and Logan chose to have their Ring Ceremony in the Relief Society room because it's a pretty room and more intimate than in the gym.
This is what our bride and groom chose to do for their Ring Ceremony:
Logan's Bishop conducted.
Opening song was "I Am a Child of God" and some were asked to sing the descant part. It was so beautiful. {They had a little program printed out with the words of the songs on the back for those who weren't familiar with them.}
Logan's Grandpa said the Opening Prayer.
Then they had remarks from both their mothers. Logan's mom talked about him, and I talked about watching their courtship evolve and about what had happened that morning in the temple as they were sealed together forever.
Then we had a special musical number by Richie and his four brothers. Brent wrote an arrangement of "I Love to See the Temple" which they sang acappella. It was incredible!
{Kevin, Rich, David, Brent, Brad - what talent!}
Then there were remarks by Logan's Bishop,
and then came my favourite part . . .
. . . declarations by the Bride and Groom!


Chelle went first and read from her journal about some events from their courtship. She teared up {and so did everyone else!} while reading the special part about when her prayers were answered about whether she should marry Logan. And it was sweet to watch Logan comfort her!
Then Logan read the special words that he had written - wish I could remember them!
The Bishop talked briefly about rings . . .
. . . and then they exchanged their rings.
They exchanged a few hugs and kisses too.
We closed with the song "Families Can Be Together Forever" and Chelle's Grampa said the closing prayer.
Their beautiful rings!
I loved the Ring Ceremony because it was a special spiritual and yet fun time as we learned about Chelle and Logan and the beginning part of their eternity together. We laughed together and we cried together. And it was wonderful for everyone to hear about the importance of the temple and of prayers being answered. I loved it!!!











