Saturday, February 25, 2012

December

This little post is simply to share a few December memories.
Every year when we get out the Christmas decorations, poor Lacie has to suffer through donning her festive apparel!
She gets to wear a hat, a collar and four ankle cuffs.  She doesn't seem to care for this tradition much, but the girls enjoy seeing her in her finery.  She usually gets all of it off except the collar - I don't think that one bothers her too much because she's used to a collar.

This is one of my favourite pictures!

Mackenzie spent half of December playing with the little ceramic Nativity Set under our Nativity Tree.  I think this is so adorable as she's gazing on a little Nativity ornament.  And isn't the lighting great?

And now with the flash on, we can clearly see the little munchkin enjoying the Nativity pieces.
Party time on the north side of the stable - all Nativity pieces invited!

See those boxes the tree is on (actually four food storage boxes!)?  When I put up our tree in our new living room, it looked way too short.  It looked fine in our last house with 8' ceilings, but in this house with 9' ceilings and a vaulted living room, it looked so puny.  Food storage to the rescue once again!!!

There were a few Christmas concerts throughout the month.
Carlee clogged at one of them.  Jordyn didn't clog that term as her clogging and volleyball schedules overlapped.
They were standing there, waiting to clog, but their music wasn't working.  So eventually they did it acappella and it actually sounded pretty cool.  You could hear the clogging rhythms much better without the music playing.
Can you find her?  Back row on the left.

Jenna sang in the elementary school Senior Choir.
She's a beautiful little singer - sounds like an angel and gives it everything she has!
Can you find her?  Back row, second from left.

At this point, the batteries in my camera died so I wasn't able to get the picture of Jasmine singing with the High School Choir.  But there are lots of other things I don't have pictures of either - like Katia clogging for the first time at the Light Up the Town celebration.  Or Richelle singing in a marvellous concert with the Institute Choir.  Or Jenna in a musical play at the Elementary School concert.  Or Jordyn and Carlee playing in the Band Concert.  Or me singing with the ward choir at the Stake Christmas Fireside.  Or Jasmine and Carlee playing on their school basketball teams and Jordyn doing stats.

December is always such a crazy busy month - but I sure delight in it!  There is all the busyness and hustle and bustle, intermixed with beautiful music and stories and acts of kindness and service.  I think one of the things that I find the most delight in during December is . . . the lights!!!  Christmas lights thrill me!  And it must be because in December, when the world is all lit up, it reminds me of my Savior.  He is the Light of the World!