October 2 was the date our our 2010 Family Photo Shoot. It wasn't quite as easy to do anymore because we don't all live together. We actually had to plan for this!!! So this was the Saturday of General Conference. We watched the morning session, did our pictures, then rushed off to our nephew's wedding. So, picture time was the middle of a very hot (27 C) fall day, so the sun was much too bright for picture taking, but it really was our only time to do it. And we are so grateful to our niece Jaime for being our photographer.
This is a fun one - sure looks like a lot of us!!! And we planned for everyone to cross their feet except dad! This nice grassy spot is right in the middle of where our new house will be. So the next time we lie in this spot, it'll probably be right in the middle of the living room!!!
These two pictures were the first ones taken in our current backyard. Love the sun, but not when you're trying to take pictures!!! Our white shirts would have looked much better on a cloudy day!!! Now we're all just glowing!!!
Then we went over to our new yard, where the house building hadn't started yet. This is the back fence on the east side of our yard. We'll get to see some beautiful sunrises over this field - can't wait!!!
I cropped this picture and turned it into a mouse pad for Richard for Christmas. It has the phrase "Our Family is Forever" in white letters across the bottom. Makes a nice little computer reminder about what's really important, just in case we're spending too much time at the computer playing mindless games, or blogging, or whatever (not that we'd ever do anything like that!).
Jordyn, Chelle, Jenna, Delle, Rich, Carlee, Kenzie, Jas, Katia (in case you couldn't tell!)
I blew this picture up into an 8x10 and it's by our front door. It's my little "Return with Honour" reminder!!! This will be a nice shot to retake every year as the girls all get older - one of them might even get taller than me (or Rich!) someday!!!
And the sun wasn't quite so bright in this shot - now we just have the wind blowing our hair in places we didn't want it to be!!! At least it's not raining!
Love Sepia!!! We're tucked in front of our neighbours fence on the north side. I love that some flowers were self-sewn in our yard from their side. The only problem with this spot was that there were some prickles in the grass so we couldn't all sit quite where we needed to. I usually like family pictures with mom and dad together. But I love how these ones look like "Richie and his Girls".
And my personal favourite . . .
I just love the colours and the casualness of this picture - kind of wild, kind of tame, kind of balanced - and the submissive dog!
Don't I have a delightful family? I'm am so blessed to have each and everyone one of these people as part of my life. They are all so unique and special - each one adding a different dimension to our family circle. Whenever I look at my family pictures, I just feel delighted!!!