I know - hard to believe, but sweet baby girl is a year old already. September 9, 2010 started with Grandma and Grandpa being there to help celebrate (they had slept over the night before - in their van outside because we have no extra room in the house!).
Okay I think my camera setting is off by a day because this was her birthday morning - the birthday girl wouldn't wear her pajamas all day!!! Grandma and Grandpa gave her this gift, and she liked playing with the tissue paper, but she was in no hurry to open it - probably because she had no clue what a present was! You can see that Grandma and Grandpa's attention was elsewhere because she wasn't doing anything except being cute! The gift turned out to be a cute little pull puppy that makes Kenzie giggle like crazy. The grandparents left by noon, but it was sure nice to have them visit for awhile - made the day extra special!
This is the puppy and these are some of her other gifts. We did a really quick gift opening session between people getting home from school and work, and before rushing off to volleyball practice and the Ward Corn Bust.
"Do I really get to wear those outfits? I'll be SOOO cute!!!" We got those for her in Kalispell but she had to wait til her birthday to get them. I especially love her in the green butterfly outfit.
She loves her new animal magnets (so does Jordyn) and spends a lot of time standing at the fridge and the dishwasher ripping them off and throwing them on the floor. Sometimes she puts them back, or else she transfers them to other areas of the house. We find little piles of magnetic animals all over the place. But at least they are distracting her from opening the cupboards!!!
So after the gift opening, we went down to the Stake Campground for our Ward Corn Bust. It was pouring rain the whole time but was still a delicious meal. Katia was going around to everyone saying "It's my baby sister's birthday today! She's ONE!!!" And as for the birthday girl, she just slept in her carseat, on the table for the whole time. I wish I had brought my camera to take a picture - she looked so sweet and relaxed with her cheeks all gushy and squishable.
I had to take a dessert to the dinner, so that was the extent of my culinary skills for the day. So we got sneaky and brought a cupcake home from the dinner. Jordyn ate the icing off it because sweet baby didn't need all that extra sugar - let the diabetic have it! No, dessert tables like that at the ward dinner are hard on Jordyn with her Celiac Disease. There is not much she can eat. The icing at least didn't have flour in it so we let her have that and just give her more insulin. So the rest of the cupcake made the perfect birthday cake!!!
She was a little worried about the whole flame thing at first! But then she reached for it just as we blew it out and then she let out her evil chuckle and made us all laugh.
It didn't take Kenzie too long to figure out that she liked the taste of her birthday cupcake, and soon all that was left was . . .
. . . a nice pile of crumbs. She played with them for a while and then I think we probably let the dog finish them. Lacie likes to sit under the high chair and wait for things to fall. She does a nice job of keeping the floor clean, so once in a while we like to reward her!
Kenz has become a real blanket girl. She drags the light pink one (on the right) around with her everywhere and always wants it - when she's awake and sleeping - which makes it hard to find time to wash it. So I got her the new white one (it came with a soft monkey) for her birthday. She just seems to love the feel of the soft fleecy blankets. Now she can at least have one blanket while the other is in the laundry. Whenever she gets her blanket she snuggles in to it and says "Ahhhh!" It's really cute, especially when the blanket is on your shoulder.
Getting to enjoy the new soft monkey too - and the old blanket. I think it was a nice first birthday for the sweet lady. And for the record - she doesn't seem too close to walking at all. She will stand alone, and sometimes take a step or two before the lunge into whoever's arms are prompting her forward. But I'm in no hurry to have her walking - she gets into enough mischief just crawling around!
And one final shot of the birthday girl . . .
Isn't she precious!!! Which brings me to my delight: I delight in my baby - everything about her and the joy she brings into our family!